Link Your Farm from
FARMS AROUND THE World
We want to add your Family Farm to our List
Here are the Types of Farms we List on FAW:
- We welcome all Family Farms to join our list. When you have time please
add pages about your soil, geographic area, crops, livestock, family, any
aspect of farm life.
- We do not accept sites which are totally devoted to retail, but encourage
Fertilizer, Seed, and other retail sites to add some pages about their
farm, their family, their farm community and we can then link to the index
of those pages. In fact, visitors from other countries will probably be
very interested in stories about how agri-businesses are set up and operated.
- We have omitted some farm sites which are devoted solely to advertising
their purebreed livestock, but we accept such sites when they include pages
about their soil, livestock management, their family, farm history, how
they got started, or other interesting topics.
Send an E-Mail to be Linked on FAW - FREE
- I must add your farm manually because I have not have access for automatic
here to list your farm. The mailto: message page will pop up
on your screen.
- Give the URL for your web page. If your farm page is a sub page off
your auto dealership, for example, then give the URL of your main farm
- I only devote one line per farm and welcome your ideas for the text.
- If you do not like what I write about your farm, please suggest changes.
We can Help you Write Your Website - FREE.
- There are several pages on my website to help you get started on writing
your own web pages. They are not easy to find. I am working on that.
- Look at other farm web pages and add the things you like to your site.
- It is easy to write lots of pages. Encourage each kid to add his own
- Pictures of your farm are nice; but not all of use have access to such
- Graphics for the sake of graphics or to make your page slow to download
- When you have time add more pages. Try to add educational or interesting
things to get more visitors to your pages.
- Don't get discouraged. You will be lucky to get more than one visitor
per day. If you get listed on search engines, visits will pick up. After
a year, you may get 3 or more visits per day, but if you get over a dozen
most days of the week, you are doing something exceptional.
Suggestions for getting more visits to your farm pages.
- I usually give my opinion of sites when, folks ask to be listed. I
want FAW to be known world-wide as a list of outstanding farm web sites.
- I am happy to browse your site and offer advice anytime you ask. Please
do the same for my FAW site.
- Be sure to include meta tags (keywords, and description) in the header
of each page of your site. Most search engines use the keywords and description
- You may have to type in theMeta Tags by hand. I use EDIT, NOTEPAD,
- Visit the search engines you like and read their instructions for getting
your site listed.
- I like INFOSEEK because it lets you list each page as you get it written,
and they let you relist a page after 24 hours if you find an error you
want to correct. For example if you have all your crops on one page and
decide to split them up with a page to each crop, then you can relist on
INFOSEEK, but most search engines will not pick up the change until weeks
- I suggest links at the bottom of each page to your other pages. Thus,
your corn page can have links to: wheat, corn storage, soil testing, or
what ever, especially your homepage.
- I think visitors really like stories about how you got started on your
farm, farm history, testing unusual crops, testing management methods.
We all heard about dryland wheat farming in elementary school, but when
did a wheat farmer ever take the time to explain he details to you?
- The web offers great educational opportunities. Do your part to teach
other farmers. Do your part to teach city folks and madcap environmentalists
about the realities of farming.
- As the owner of farmland, you have the opportunity to leave it better
than you found it. Use your web pages to inform others about how you are
foregoing income to preserve the land. Few city folks understand what farmers
are doing for them.
- Encourage kids to write you and ask about your farm. You could even
post their letters on your pages (but remove their last name and address)
and give your answer.
- Agrisurf.com is a good place to be listed.
Revised 1998 June 10
| INDIANA BIOLAB Home Page | Farms
Around The World | How to Write your Web Site |
Written by Harold Eddleman, Ph. D., President, Indiana
Biolab, 14045 Huff St., Palmyra IN 47164
Suggestions, corrections, and comments are appreciated:
Contact Harold Eddleman email@example.com